Yes, Home Depot does offer a price match guarantee for select items, including some items sold on Amazon. However, there are certain criteria and restrictions that must be met in order to qualify for a price match.
Here are the general steps to follow if you want to request a price match for an item at Home Depot that is also sold on Amazon:
- Locate the item you want to purchase on both Home Depot and Amazon’s websites and make note of the price on each site.
- Ensure that the item is identical in brand, model number, size, and color on both websites.
- Contact Home Depot’s customer service team via phone or online chat to request a price match. Be sure to provide the product details, including the SKU number, and the current price listed on Amazon.
- Home Depot will verify the price and product details and may require you to provide proof of the lower price on Amazon.
- If the item meets all the criteria for a price match, Home Depot will adjust the price to match the lower price on Amazon.
It’s important to note that there are some exclusions and limitations to Home Depot’s price match policy, such as third-party sellers on Amazon, clearance or closeout items, and limited-time sales or promotions. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to review Home Depot’s price match policy and restrictions before making a purchase.
How Home Depot’s Price Match Policy Works
Home Depot’s Price Match Policy allows customers to receive a price match for eligible items if they find a lower price at a competitor’s store or on the website of certain online retailers, including Amazon.
Here are the general guidelines for how Home Depot’s price match policy works:
- Eligible items: The item being price matched must be identical to the item sold by Home Depot, including the brand, model number, size, and color. Additionally, the item must be in stock and available for purchase at both Home Depot and the competitor’s store or website.
- Verification: To request a price match, customers must provide proof of the lower price, such as a printed or digital advertisement or a screenshot of the lower price on the competitor’s website.
- Timing: Home Depot’s price match policy allows for price adjustments up to 14 days after the purchase date for in-store purchases and online purchases made for in-store pickup. For online purchases that are shipped, the price match must be requested before the order is shipped.
- Exclusions: Home Depot’s price match policy has certain exclusions, including clearance or closeout items, special order products, and third-party sellers on Amazon or other online retailers.
- Process: Customers can request a price match by contacting Home Depot’s customer service team via phone, email, or in-store. If the item is eligible for a price match, Home Depot will adjust the price to match the competitor’s price.
Overall, Home Depot’s Price Match Policy offers customers a way to ensure they’re getting the best price on eligible items, including those sold on Amazon, as long as the item meets the policy’s guidelines and exclusions.
Is Home Depot cheaper than Amazon?
It depends on the specific item and current pricing. Home Depot and Amazon often have different pricing strategies and may offer different deals and promotions at different times, so it’s difficult to say definitively which is cheaper overall.
However, Home Depot and Amazon are both major retailers and often compete for customers’ business, which means they may occasionally offer similar or identical items at similar prices. In some cases, Home Depot may offer a lower price than Amazon, while in other cases, Amazon may have the lower price.
Therefore, it’s always a good idea to compare prices and check for deals and promotions on both Home Depot and Amazon’s websites before making a purchase. Additionally, it’s important to consider other factors such as shipping costs, return policies, and delivery times when comparing prices between these two retailers.